Monday, May 16, 2016

🙌 🏻Kissimme,Florida🙌🏻 Week #63

Hey everyone,

Another week here in Florida has come to an end! I'm now here in Kissimmee and I'm really loving it! This week has been a little different because I have been In a trio with Elder Hawkins and Elder Doman, Elder Doman finishes his mission this coming Thursday. We will miss him,  he's been a lot of fun he's a great guy! The Florida Orlando Mission will lose a stud. I'm happy that I will still have Hawkins when Thursday rolls around. Hawkins is awesome, I already love the kid. He is from Orem, Ut and he has been out for about 8 months. He is a quiet kid but he has opened up a lot. This week he said "I don't know how you guys did it but you got me to open up, I usually don't open up till the 4th week" haha so that's pretty good he's already a Truu homie!! 

So this week we had some good lessons with the recent converts Donyae (11) and Marcella (9), and there non-member mother Bonnie who is preparing to be baptized soon. It's always crazy going to there house because Bonnie the mother has 4 kids from 11 to 5 years old. They love the missionaries and always participate in the lessons but sometimes it is hard to get them to focus on the message we are sharing. I came up with a genius idea of a talking stick and it's worked pretty well for the lessons haha. They all came to Church on Sunday and it was good to see them there. They are a awesome little family and it's been fun getting to know them!!

So there are two less Active's that we have been working with this week and we got both of them to church it was pretty cool, Daniel is a cool guy who has some health challenges that make it hard for him to come. He lives in a trailer and we helped him catch a rat this week haha it was pretty gross!! We also met with John who struggles with depression and we were able to help him know how much Heavenly Father loves him and how much our savior Jesus Christ loves him. It has been fun getting to know the people of Kissimmee!

This Ward is really good, we had a very productive Correlation meeting with our Ward Mission Leader. He is very missionary minded which will help us a lot!! Ward Council was also pretty great and very productive! Our Bishop thru down, hah. He had a KILLA quote in Ward Council. We were debating on giving assignments or just having it done by volunteers. This was about 15 minutes in, and everyone was getting frustrated...  Relief Society President - "The sisters feel that the church shouldn't be run by assignment, it should all be volunteer..."
*awkward silence...* Bishop Gooch slowly leans back in his chair.. "Well... Jesus said get baptized or you're Damned." Hahahaha, I like this ward a lot already!! 

Another funny story that happened is I lost in "What Are the Odds?" To Elder Doman And had to tell this joke to the cute Sister Missionary in the ward... By the way my odds were 19 to 1 and I still lost haha
So I was like hey do you want to hear this funny joke Elder Hawkins told me this week!
Me- *knock knock*
Sister Missionary - *who's there?*
Me *you smell like mipe*   (It's a made up word)
Sister Missionary - *you smell like mipe who?" (Sounds like my poo!)
We then started laughing way hard and the Sister Missionary really wasn't too sure what to do but she laughed and said oh I can see that being a Hawkins Joke, so I saved myself hahah.. Hahah serving in trio's are the best! So much fun!!

Something I wanted to share this week is Go Ye Therefore by Silvia H. Allred "The Lord’s Church has the responsibility to preach the gospel in the world. This is the foundation of missionary work, and the duty of our missionaries is to “invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.” I would like to speak and testify of the significant impact and the blessings of missionary work in the lives of converts, future generations, and missionaries and of how we can participate in missionary work. I love this work that I'm doing and the many life experiences that I get to enjoy. I love the Lord and am proud to serve him erryday!! 

Things are really good and Im really enjoying this new area and am really excited to preach in the streets of Kissimmee!! The scripture that I would like to share this week isAlma 29:9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. I love being a missionary! I love you all, hope you guys have a good week! Deuces 

Elder Gentry
FOM






No comments:

Post a Comment