Monday, May 30, 2016

๐Ÿ™Œ๐ŸปIt Is What It Is, Trust Me You Get What You Give๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป Week #65

Hey Everyone,
Another week come and gone here in Kissimmee!!! Where you know we always be killin' it! 
Elder Hawkins and I are doing really good. Hawkins truly is the MAN OF THE YEAR!! 
We were able to see a lot of people this week and had some success! We biked a ton!!
Let's just say I'm thankful we are going into car week! Haha We had a lot of service this week 
which was good. Zone Conference was very long but good! It was Presidents last so he was a
little emotional. I'm excited for the next mission president coming in soon. 

We had a cool little experience on Thursday night, we were biking to this LA's House and
these two homeless guys stopped us and we're begging for money and food! All I had on me 
was a pack of 5 Gum with 6 Sticks left. I gave that to them and said a prayer and went on my way.
Well the LA wasn't home so we turned around to head home and I bike over a 5 Gum packet 
and kept going and then realized i gave that to them haha, so I turned around to go pick it up 
and throw it away. Well when I was picking it up this guy come out of the gas station yelling for 
our attention and we go talk to him and we had a really good lesson, really long but good lesson.
He talks a lot hah. We picked him up as a new investigator and hope to start teaching him soon.
 It was just cool to see that If I never would have given that gum away we wouldn't have been
 able to have that powerful lesson!!

We had a ton of service, like in total 12 Hours haha it was good though we got to go help out at
 a charity center which is always good to go there and help others who are less fortunate. We also
 helped 2 family's in the ward move. Which me and Hawkins pretty much did all the work on are
 own and we were very tired lets just say we sweat buckets haha

We had a really neat experience where we went and gave this non member a blessing, his girlfriend 
who is a member called us and asked us if we could do it, we went over and talked with them for a 
while and we ended up giving him a blessing of healing and the member a blessing of comfort. 
It's nice when you can feel the spirt very strongly and you know that they can feel it to, we also 
taught him the 1st discussion and we had a really powerful lesson. Let's just say I don't think it will 
be long till he enters the waters of baptism! It was good and it's always nice to go help people. 

Something I wanted to share this week, President Thomas S. Monson, who has understood and
 lived the admonition to love, said: “I believe the Savior is telling us that unless we lose ourselves in 
service to others, there is little purpose to our own lives. Those who live only for themselves eventually
shrivel up and … lose their lives, while those who lose themselves in service to others grow and 
flourish--and in effect save their lives.” True Christlike service is selfless and focuses on others. 
“Don’t think of your task as a burden; think of it as an opportunity to learn what love really is.” 
When we truly want to show our love and appreciation for what our savior Jesus Christ did for us
we will act in love and serve our brothers and sisters around us and I know that my mission has
taught me just that. That having the pure love of Christ will not only help us be happy but it will also bring joy to others.

Well things are still going good and our area seems to be improving week by week the scripture I would like to share this week is Mosiah 2:16 Behold, I say unto you that because I said unto you that I had spent my days in your service, I do not desire to boast, for I have only been in the service of God. We serve God when we serve others, anyways I love you all and hope you guys have a good week!!

Elder Gentry
FOM

No comments:

Post a Comment