Wednesday, December 7, 2016

🙌🏻Back To The Burg🙌🏻 Week #92

What's Good Family, Things are shaking up for me probably for the last time, I'm headed to Leesburg West, last time I was in the Leesburg Zone I was in Minneola! My new companion is Elder Birchill, I have heard lots of good things about him! I'm really going to miss it here in Olympia, I have really grown close to a lot of the people around me! I love this ward, they really took care of us missionaries. The Flintons, Rich, Nash, Hills, Nelson's, Elender, Bishop Scherer, Baltich, Yolene, Rico, Bernard Family!!! So many Great People oh Jamie cause she was cute LOL I'm also going to miss Elder William "The Chosen One" Russell! I enjoyed my time with him and we were able to accomplish a lot of great work!!

This was a great last week in this area, We Killed it!! I got to go on another exchange with the Homie Elder Gillen, I love being with that guy! We have fun! I'm gonna miss him, he's actually going up to my old area in Deland, he will really like it there!! 

So I went teaching with bro Nash for the last time, I'm going to miss that guy! He's been a really good Ward Mission Leader and he works hard. He's fun to be around and he's been a tru homie!!
We had a couple of good appointments and had a solid night!!

Highlight of the Week was the Sabbath Day for sure, The Bernard's came to church again and loved it just as much as last week! They are soaking everything up and have a ton of great questions. We also planed a lesson for them at the Scherers' home! At first they got to know the Bernard's a bit and then we taught about the pre existence and our life on earth. We read Alma 34:32 and talked about how the Gospel of Jesus Christ provides the way to live with Heavenly Father again. We talked about baptism and Jeff asked if there's a specific way you need to get baptized. He had been baptized before and wanted to know more. We shared 3 nephi 11 where it talked about the mode of baptism established by Christ. We invited them again to prepare for baptism on the 7th of January. They were super down. Kitano Bernard's youngest son (6 yrs old) said the closing prayer and it was adorbs!! I really am going to miss this family and I was thankful for the opportunity I had to teach them and I'm excited for the journey they are on!

Something I wanted to share this week comes from President Henry B. Eyring, To all of us who have come into mortality, the Savior said, “In the world ye shall have tribulation”. Yet He gave this wonderful promise to His disciples during His mortal ministry: “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you”. It is a comfort to know that this promise of personal peace continues for all of His disciples today. Some of us live in beautiful and peaceful surroundings, yet we are experiencing inner turmoil. Others feel peace and perfect serenity in the midst of great personal loss, tragedy, and continuing trials. “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. “Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls” .It is only through following the Savior that any of us can find peace and serenity in the trials that will come to all of us.

Well my time here in Olympia has come to an end, I've loved it, I'm excited to be headed to Leesburg it will be a ton of fun! I love this great work! I love my mission! The scripture I wanted to share this week comes from 1 Nephi 13 ......if they endure unto the end they shall be lifted up at the last day, and shall be saved in the everlasting kingdom of the Lamb; and shall publish peace, yea, tidings of great joy. Love this scripture, love you all!!


Elder Gentry
FOM

No comments:

Post a Comment