Monday, December 12, 2016

🎄Holiday Hoobie Whatty🎄 Week #93

What's up Family, this week has been a Wild one! I'm now moved up to Leesburg and getting settled in and things are good! We have been pretty lost tho haha. Elder Birchell and I have been trying to figure things out and get the ball rollin in this area! It does seem like theirs a lot of potential and things could be good here in Leesburg! We weren't left with much direction from the Elders that were here before but so far so good! Elder Birchell is a good guy and we will get along great. I think I'll enjoy my time with him! Crazy to think I just started my Last 12 weeks in the Mission!! 

This week we have been just getting out there and doing what we can to find different people and get to know the area! We have seen some good things, one day we were doing some former followup and this single mother and her two kids answer the door and talk with us for a minute at the door and then Invited us into there home. (doesn't happen often haha) We talked with her and she has been looking for a church for her and her kids to attend. We shared Light the World with them and they really enjoyed it. They seemed very cool and we hope we can teach them and help them learn more about this message we share and how much it can bless their lives!

We have some people that we're being taught before we got here and two that were taught for the first time. we were able to meet all of them this last week, Andre, Debbie, Jonas and Caleb. Andre is a member referral and wants to work towards baptism! Debbie lives above a recent convert who loves to share the gospel! Jonas is a son in law to an active member, we were able to teach him. He's somewhat interested, he has great family support! Caleb is a 10 year old kid who is in the process of being adopted by his grandparents who are active. He's the coolest kid, they all came to church this last week and we will be working with these guys! 

The Ward Christmas party was on Saturday and it went really well, our ward is definitely different!! So many old people but there's nothing wrong with that! They all were super nice and very welcoming! I think I'll like this ward, very loving people!

Something I wanted to share this week comes from Henry B. Eyring, "Gifts of Peace" Christmas is the celebration of a birth. All of us have felt the wonder of seeing a newborn child. We feel humbled as we see the miracle of the tiny features and the promise of the future. We feel tenderness. We feel gratitude. We feel peace. And there comes a feeling of love into our hearts that makes us want to give and to be gentle as we remember whose birth we celebrate. For Christmas is a celebration of a birth like no other. The birth of Jesus had been foreseen by God’s prophets for ages. This birth was the fulfillment of a promise made to us in the spirit world by a loving Heavenly Father. It was the birth of the promised Messiah

This week has been a good one! I think I'll like this area and the people that are around me! I'm doing good, I love this great work! I love my mission! The scripture I would like to share is Luke 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Love this scripture, love you all! Happy Holidays!

Elder Gentry
FOM


No comments:

Post a Comment