Thursday, December 1, 2016

๐Ÿ™Œ๐ŸปI Have Overcome The World.๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป Week #91

Sa K Pase Fanmi, that's Haitian Creole for What's up Family!! Elder Gentry here once more to bring you the latest and Greatest things about my Mission!! Wow entering Week 6 of the transfer again hah I feel like I'm always saying that!! These weeks go by super fast! Elder Russell and I are still ministering unto the wonderful people of Florida! This last week was pretty good! We get transfer calls this Saturday and I have no clue what could happen, we will see! 

So this is the first week we have been able to share #LIGHTtheWORLD, so far so good! The video was released on Friday, After a day full of planning we left to go visit this Less Active Referral we received. I told myself that the first person I saw and had an opportunity I was going to share the video! As we were biking down the sidewalk I stop and ask this lady who was walking back with some groceries, if I can share the video about Christ! She loved it and said she was looking for a church! We hope to start teaching her.......as we continue biking we make it to the LA Dolores, she is the Nicest old lady, she was baptized in 1975 and was active till she moved to South America cause she felt it wasn't the same. She referred herself online and said she wanted to come back! It's been over 15 years since she was able to make it to church. She came this last Sunday and she loved it!

Thanksgiving was a success!! To start out the day we went to the Hills, they are a wonderful family and made lots of great food! Then we went to Sister Robertson's house for round 2! She is a recent convert and loves the missionary's, we had a lot of fun at her house! To Finnish off the night we couldn't take a round 3 so we just went to another Members house, The Carr family and had some Desserts!! We played some games with the family and just had a good time! 

The Highlight of the week was meeting with This Haitian Family, they speak really good English! We have been teaching for a couple of weeks, this was only our 3rd visit!! They are such a wonderful little family and so eager to learn more about The Gospel of Jesus Christ! We brought a Member who is from Haiti and she was a Relief Society President back home! We start teaching the lesson and we just do a quick review of the Restoration cause we were planning on going into the Plan of Salvation, after the review sister Helas says can I say something? And then she goes off! She teaches the Restoration in Haitian Creole and testifies of the importance of Authority in Christ's Church! The only word I could catch was Jezikri which is Jesus Christ haha, she talks to them for a solid 30 mins answering the questions the parents had! The mother says "I feel the Spirit so strongly and feel so good about what you have said, I want to go to church tomorrow and leave feeling changed" It was a perfect lesson and just what the family needed!! Sunday they all came to church and were there for all 3 hours, they said that they really enjoyed it! In Elders Quorum the father was commenting and even said the Closing Prayer! We hope the best for this family! Please pray for them!!

Something I wanted to share this week comes from The sacramental prayers help us to know how to find peace amidst the tribulations of life. As we partake of the sacrament, we can determine to be faithful to our covenants to follow Him. We each promise to remember the Savior. You can choose to remember Him in the way that best draws your heart to Him. Sometimes for me, it is to see Him in my mind kneeling in the Garden of Gethsemane or to see Him calling Lazarus to come forth from the tomb. As I do, I feel a closeness to Him and a gratitude that brings peace to my heart. You also promise to keep His commandments. You promise to take His name upon you and to be His witness. He promises that as you keep your covenants with Him, the Holy Spirit will be with you. This brings peace in at least two ways. The Holy Ghost cleanses us from sin because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. And the Holy Ghost can give us the peace that comes from having God’s approval and the hope of eternal life. The Sacrament is the most important thing that we do each week! I'm thankful that we have the opportunity to renew our covenants with God!

Wow, Another week in the books! Things are going good here in Olympia! We have seen a lot of good things as of late. I'm thankful for this opportunity to testify of Jesus Christ with my brothers and sisters! The scripture I wanted to share this week comes from John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. Love this scripture, love you all! 

Elder Gentry
FOM



No comments:

Post a Comment