Monday, December 19, 2016

🎄Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas🎄🎅🏻⭐️ Week #94

What's up family, it's the most wonderful time of the year!! I can't believe it is here once more. My final Christmas on the mish! I'm sooo excited, we have some good things planed! This past week was a really good one, we are starting to see some progress in this area and we really feel that we have been working pretty hard! Elder Birchell and I get along really well and we work great together!

Sooooo to start off the week I finally got to have an exchange with my homie Elder Thornock, my M.T.C. Companion. It was a lot of fun we mostly just reminisced the good ole days of being in the Mtc, we just couldn't believe how fast time has really gone. We had a good day, it was weird tho like a lot of weird things happened, like people actually letting us in without us saying a word, hah kinda awkward didn't know what to say! It was good tho we taught this woman and her mom! Elder Thornock served in the area that I am in a year ago, so he really helped out with some peeps we can go see and who we can possibly teach! Overall it was a solid exchange, I luv Thornock!! 

We had a Killa lesson with our gator Andre, We we're sharing a message on The Gospel of Jesus Christ and he was saying how he knows that all the things we have been teaching him are true! He is legally blind soo what he said to us was "I can't see you guys but I can feel your presence and I know that you are good young men and you teach a true message and when I went to church I felt that same feeling with the people around me." We invited him to be baptized and he said yes! We have a couple of things to work with him before he can be baptized but we have faith in him and he's been progressing really well! Unfortunately he wasn't able to make it too church cause he wasn't feeling well. He's a great man and it's been fun teaching him!

I Love Christmas! LOL

Oh we taught Caleb, 10 year old who is waiting to be adopted by his Grandparents. He can't be baptized until then. He's the sweetest little kid ever, we went over there and he insisted we play a game of uno with him. You don't have to tell me twice to play a good game of uno! Haha After, we taught him a lesson on prayer and the importance of praying to Heavenly Father often! He's a lot of fun too teach he's a really smart kid. Church on Sunday he runs up to us and gives us hugs and says he's got something for us and later after church gives us a plate of Christmas goodies!! I love that little kid! 

Something I wanted to share this week comes from "The Promise of Christmas" Elder Robert D. Hales. We can’t fully understand the meaning of Christmas unless we understand the meaning of the Savior’s life, Atonement, and Resurrection. I cannot think about the birth of the Savior without thinking of His words to Pilate: “To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice” Christmas is a time to share our gifts, strengthen others, and do our part in the kingdom of God. Christmas is also a time to express our love to others and to bear our testimony of the Savior.............Each week as we participate in the ordinance of the sacrament, we renew the promise of the Savior’s birth in our own lives. We take His name upon us, and we renew our covenant of obedience and our promise that we will always remember Him.

Well the week of Christmas begins, I'm super excited! I'm doing good and I'm enjoying this area and I am having a really good time, I have good people around me, I love this Work! I love my Savior Jesus Christ!! The scripture I want to share this week comes from Helaman 14:5 And behold, there shall a new star arise, such an one as ye never have beheld; and this also shall be a sign unto you..............12 that ye might know of the coming of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of heaven and of earth, the Creator of all things from the beginning; and that ye might know of the signs of his coming, to the intent that ye might believe on his name. I love these scriptures, I love you all! Merry Christmas! ⭐️ 🎁🎄🎅🏻🤶🏻 ⭐️ 
 
Elder Gentry
FOM
Enjoying the Lights
Elder Thornock and I  MTC Companion


 At the temple,  Elder irchell had a recent convert do baptism for the dead!
 Ran into the Szalajko's from Lake reams, I had Christmas with them last year!!
Sister Brady and Sister Olsen 

No comments:

Post a Comment